IIPL WEB SERIES SEASON ONE
ICEBURGH INVITATIONAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The IceBurgh Invitational is a solo performance competition for urban artists over the age of 19 within Canada. The event is organized and sponsored by IceBurgh Society Entertainment.
2. Interested artists are required to audition online by submitting any music and videos they have released to the public or a video recording of them performing live and a $10 submission fee.
3. The online submission will been reviewed by the IceBurgh Invitational Committee.
4. Once the online auditions have closed, online submissions will be screened and the top candidates will be selected by a panel of judges to move onto the chosen event.
1. This competition is open to urban artists over the age of 16 (must have turned 16 years of age by March 10, 2018).
2. IceBurgh Society Entertainment has the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eleigibility. IceBurgh reserves the right to disqualify any contestant from the competition or auditioning process at its sole discretion, should the contestant at any time supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
3. By submitting a sign-up submission, each contestant thereby agrees to comply with the IceBurgh Invitational 2018 Official Rules and Regulations.
4. In addition to their chosen event, winners must also be available for every consecutive event thereafter until the final event.
Audition & Selection
1. Online submissions must be a solo act, therefore if a contestant chooses to do a vocal duet, or group performance, they will be judged on their performance solely.
2. Auditions will be accepted online until Friday, February 10, 2018, 11:59 pm or when the last spot has been filled, whichever comes first. Should IceBurgh deem necessary, the deadline may be extended and will be communicated on the IceBurgh Society Entertainment website (www.IceBurghSociety.com).
3. Contestants will be required to send in their previously released music and videos or a short video of them performing live. To submit an audition to qualify for IceBurgh Invitational, each contestant must:
i. Send a link of his or her performance video or previously released music and videos and head shot (photograph) to email@example.com. Videos must be set for public viewing.
ii. Each audition will be reviewed by the IceBurgh Invitational Committee, who will determine whether the submitted audition is acceptable.
iii. Once auditions are qualified, urban artists will be added to the chosen event and contestants will be notified by e-mail.
Note: By submitting an audition, each contestant thereby agrees to comply with the IceBurgh Invitational 2018 Official Rules and Regulations.
4. The IceBurgh Invitation Committee will review the auditions and select the contestants for the chosen event. The contestants will be announced at the end of the auditions on the IceBurgh Society web page and Facebook page, and also duly informed via e-mail.
1. Contestants must prepare one (1) song. Background music must be free of main vocals (ad libs and chorus allowed). If a contestant is unable to provide music, an arrangement mutually agreed upon with IceBurgh must be made a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the competition day.
2. Contestants are limited to only one (1) song. Contestants are responsible for editing their own music to fit this requirement. Fading of the track is highly recommended for smooth transition.
1. Once the official season starts in April 2018, the performance videos will be uploaded to the IceBurghTV YouTube page to allow listeners, and fans to vote for the winner.
2. The voting process will be open for seven (7) days.
3. The winners will be announced on the IceBurgh website, Facebook pages, and through other public announcements.
4. The winners will move forward in the tournament until a #1 contender has won.
1. Contestants who behave in a manner which is not in the spirit of the competition or do not meet IceBurgh's standards for any reason will be disqualified from the competition. This includes before, after or during the performance or at any time during which the individual is representing the IceBurgh Invitation, or IceBurgh Society Entertainment.
2. Illegal or controlled substances, alcohol purchased outside the venue, or weapons are not permitted in the venue. Any contestant to violate will be automatically disqualified from the competition.
3. Contestants are encouraged to invite supporters to the event. Negative comments or actions toward any contestants, audience member, judges or otherwise will not be tolerated. IceBurgh holds the right to pardon any guests if behaviour deemed inappropriate continues.