ICEBURGH INVITATIONAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The IceBurgh Invitational is a solo performance competition for urban artists over the age of 19 within Canada. The event is organized and sponsored by IceBurgh Society Entertainment (IceBurgh).
2. Interested artists are required to audition online by submitting any music and videos they have released to the public or a video recording of them performing live by e-mail to .
3. The online submission will been reviewed by the IceBurgh Invitational Committee.
4. Once the online auditions have closed, online submissions will be screened and the top eight (8) candidates will be selected by a panel of judges to move onto the chosen event.
5. The competition will conclude when one (1) contestant wins the IceBurgh Invitational: D-DAY event held on Thursday April 25, 2015 at the Blu Ice Lounge, 1590 Dundas St. West in Mississauga, Ontario.
1. This competition is open to urban artists over the age of 19 (must have turned 19 years of age by April 24, 2015).
2. IceBurgh Society Entertainment has the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eleigibility. IceBurgh reserves the right to disqualify any contestant from the competition or auditioning process at its sole discretion, should the contestant at any time supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
3. By submitting an audition video, each contestant thereby agrees to comply with the IceBurgh Invitational 2015 Official Rules and Regulations.
4. In addition to their chosen event, winners must also be available for every consecutive event thereafter until the final event.
Audition & Selection
1. Online submissions must be a solo act, therefore if a contestant chooses to do a vocal duet, or group performance, they will be judged on their performance solely.
2. Auditions will be accepted online until April 15, 2015, 11:59 pm or when the last spot has been filled, whichever comes first. Should IceBurgh deem necessary, the deadline may be extended and will be communicated on the IceBurgh Society Entertainment website ().
3. contestants will be required to send in their previously released music and videos or a short video of them performing live. To submit an audition to qualify for IceBurgh Invitational, each contestant must:
i. Upload a 2 minute video performance to his/her own YouTube account (). If the video is longer than 2 minutes, please note only the first 2 minutes will be judged.
ii. Send a link of his or her performance video or previously released music and videos and head shot (photograph) to . Videos must be set for public viewing.
iii. Each audition will be reviewed by the IceBurgh Invitational Committee, who will determine whether the submitted audition is acceptable.
iv. Once auditions are qualified, urban artists will be added to the chosen event and contestants will be notified by e-mail.
Note: By submitting an audition, each contestant thereby agrees to comply with the IceBurgh Invitational 2015 Official Rules and Regulations.
4. The IceBurgh Invitation Committee will review the auditions and select eight (8) contestants for the chosen event. The contestants will be announced at the end of the auditions on the IceBurgh Society web page and Facebook page, and also duly informed via e-mail.
1. Contestants must prepare four (4) songs or a 12 minute set for D-DAY plus an extra song for if they make it to the event finals. Background music must be free of main vocals (ad libs and chorus allowed). If a contestant is unable to provide music, an arrangement mutually agreed upon with IceBurgh must be made a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the competition day.
2. Contestants are limited to only four (4) songs or a 12 minute set. Contestants are responsible for editing their own music to fit this requirement. Fading of the track is highly recommended for smooth transition.
3. Contestant sets should be sent to IceBurgh by Friday April 10, 2015.
4. No changes in song choice(s) may be made once the contestant has submitted their set without authorization by IceBurgh.
1. Immediately after all the performances, contestants will receive the scores given by a panel of judges. The judges will be responsible for determining the Grand Prize winner. Judges will be required to be professional, fair and impartial.
2. The Grand Prize winner of the competition will be determined by crowd response and the panel of judges on the day of the event. IceBurgh will announce the winner by 1:30 AM EST the same night.
3. The winners will be announced on the IceBurgh website, Facebook pages, and through other public announcements.
4. The Grand Prize winner will be awarded a spot in the final event, The Main Event plus a prize package. The prize package will be arranged by IceBurgh and final prize details will be announced closer to the competition day.
1. Contestants who behave in a manner which is not in the spirit of the competition or do not meet IceBurgh's standards for any reason will be disqualified from the competition. This includes before, after or during the performance or at any time during which the individual is representing the IceBurgh Invitation, or IceBurgh Society Entertainment.
2. Illegal or controlled substances, alcohol purchased outside the venue, or weapons are not permitted in the venue. Any contestant to violate will be automatically disqualified from the competition.
3. Contestants are encouraged to invite supporters to the event. Negative comments or actions toward any contestants, audience member, judges or otherwise will not be tolerated. IceBurgh holds the right to pardon any guests if behaviour deemed inappropriate continues.